Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Albums from Older Groups

Looking through the upcoming releases of some albums from various artists I see alot of older groups coming out with some new albums. When I say older I mean groups that were popular 10+ years ago but have since fallen off the grid or not seen commercial success like they once did.

Bone Thugs N Harmony will release their newest album called UNI5. I remember them when I was in high school with the song Crossroads, and the video was awesome as well. I wonder if they can ever make a comeback. This album is do to release on September 22nd, but I cannot find anything official.

Moby released his newest album yesterday. He has been around for years and many of his songs were used for comercials and everything else. He has seen success in many different ways, will this album called Wait for Me help him to keep the career going?

Wu-Tang also released yet another album yesterday called Chamber Music. They have many loyal fans, and I must admit I like some of their music, depending on my mood. My question is with so many different albums continually coming out each year, how do you create the suspense for your fan base for the new album? But with so many different members the talent there to create album after album and still keep things fresh is always there!

Our Lady Peace has an album due to release within a month or so as well. I remember in the 90's they had the single Superman's Dead, and then some time later had another album with a new single called Somewhere Out There, but did not make the same success as the first single. I still have the first album and pull it out every once and while, but I do not know if they can recreate the success with that first single and album again.

Third Eye Blind is another I remember from early in the 2000's, but have not heard a whole lot lately from them. I am wondering if they can get back to the status they once were, they will definatly have to put out some singles with some catchy lyrics again for us to be really interested.

There are many others, I just touched on a few for right now.

0 comments: