Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beastie Boys Has Cancer, Cancels Tour, and Postpone New Album

A recent release has announced that Adam 'MCA' Yauch of the Beastie Boys was diagnosed with a cancerous parotid gland tumor, which is located near his left parotid (salivary) gland. I am not for sure where that is in the body, as I am not a medical professional, however I see salivary glad and think that it is somewhere in the mouth or throat. Good news is that the tumor was caught early on and will be taken care of, and will not harm his vocal chords. Beastie Boys' upcoming tour has been canceled presumably because they are wanting to give Adam some time to heal and recover from this. Also their upcoming album Hot Sauce Committee Part 1 has been postponed as well, again probably to allow Adam to heal so they can finish it up later. Good Luck Adam, as actors and musicians seem to have the bad luck here lately.

0 comments: