Saturday, July 4, 2009

Is This News? Gene Simmons Comments on Adam Lambert

Is this News Worthy? Recently Gene Simmons of the once(and I guess to some people still) famous band Kiss made a statement a few days ago about Adam Lambert coming out that he was gay. He said that Lambert killed his career because he came out to the world and now the attention is not on his music but rather his sexual preference. What I say is that Gene is an idiot, Adam told us what everyone already knew or suspected just to get it out of the way, and now he can focus more on his music. Gene comes from a time when coming out like that would have been all the talk, now when someone comes out, it's not that big of a deal, and most of the time you already know or suspect. No big deal. But Gene wanting more press because people are forgetting about him and he cannot stand it decided to make the comment so that he can ride the curtails of Adam. So is this news worthy? I do not think we should, but then again here I am writing about it so it is kinda hippocratic isn't it.

0 comments: