Sunday, July 19, 2009

DVD Movie Review: InkHeart

I rented and watched this movie last night because I wanted to see it, and yes the DVD has been out for a little while now so I am a little late on watching it. This movie is about a guy who can bring books to life by reading them, they call these type of people Silvertounges. It starts off a little slow, introducing a few characters and the main character Mo, played by Brendan Fraiser, and his power to bring books to life. We are also introduced to his infant daughter and his wife. Flash Forward 10-13 years later, and we see Mo and his now teenage daughter looking for a old book store and Mo looking for a particular book. Once he finds this book, InkHeart, this movie really starts to pick up a little. We are intorduced to some characters that was brought to life by his book, and find out that his wife was sent into the book because things were read out of it, apparently that is the way it works, something comes out, someone goes in. From then the movie really starts taking shape with a few twists and turns. I don;t want to give away anymore information though. I give this movie a 6 out of 10, because of the slow start and a few places where you felt like you had to fill in the blanks, but overall this movie is a good movie to sit down with you entire family and watch.

0 comments: