Saturday, November 13, 2010

For-Profit Colleges Facing Lawsuits

I told everyone way back in my earlier days of this blog, for profit colleges are only there for that, profit, and do not care about your education. Sure you can probably learn alot from these places, but you have to be careful about the degree you earn and if the credits can be transferred.

I suggest a community college or junior college, and do some research and do not take a recruiters word for whatever they say.

In my case they kept pushing the fact that the books were free. I checked into the price for a junior college with books and a for profit college for a associates degree, and the for profit was about 20K more than the junior college. Books are expensive, no doubt, but they are not 20K expensive.

I will not say you cannot get a great education from one of these places, just make sure you really look into them and do some research.


Education Week: For-Profit Colleges Facing Lawsuits

0 comments: