Yesterday marked the first concert I have been to in nearly 10 years, and I must say watching No Doubt perform was awesome, but before that let me address Paramore, the opening act. While I do not know a whole lot about the band Paramore other than a catchy single, a red headed female singer, and a hit song on the movie Twilight. We got to the venue a little late, however the band was not on yet, so we went to the shirt booth to get a concert shirt. While picking out a shirt we heard thousands of people start to scream(25,000 total in attendance) which we knew meant that they were taking the stage. Paramore started their set with their most popular song, which I could not believe because I thought you built up to that song. By the time we got back to our place on the lawn we finished watching the rest of the performance. For me I did not see nothing great, but then again I did not know any of their songs, which probably would have made the concert better. They put on a good show, it is simply that they are really not my cup of tea. Shortly after they went off they started setting up a new set for No Doubt behind a backdrop. Once all set up a large white backdrop was across te stage with a light behind it, then one figures shadow came into across the white backdrop, then another and another and finally a 4th one, indicating the entire band. The backdrop dropped exposing the band. They were giving a performance that was excellent, dancing around the stage and having a good time with the audience, even pulled one guy on stage to take a picture with him. Fun Times. Gwen changed her outfit 3 different times. the entire set was full of songs from all their albums, alot from Tragic Kingdom, and them some from their other albums, hitting all their popular singles while mingling in some that were not as popular. It was a great concert all around and my wife and I enjoyed ourselves. If you can I would suggest seeing them beofre the concert ends.
Next up concert wise will be the Mayhem tour featuring Slayer and Manson. Should have VIP tickets for it, and then Warped tour, more VIP tickets(free on both courtesy of my friend). After that Blink 182 maybe.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Concert: No Doubt Featuring Paramore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- LeBron James Buys South Beach Home -- NBA FanHouse
- First Full Thor Trailer
- Pirates Beware! Michael Jackson Game on DS
- Office Depot Promo Codes
- Jessica Lynch sets the record straight on her rescue – The Joy Behar Show - CNN.com
- Black Friday 2010
- Green Lantern Trailer
- For-Profit Colleges Facing Lawsuits
- Minecraft

1 comments:
do you think gwen went commando? I saw she was wearing those white pants so low... :)
Post a Comment