I took my son to the fair today, the same fair I went too. Yes it still had a few of the same rides I rode when I was younger, and things were still set up similar, however the feeling that if gave off was not the same. It used to be fun, and though my son had fun at the fair, my wife and I did not. Maybe it as because the cost of everything, tickets were $1 a piece, and the rides were each 3-5 tickets per ride. Luckily we bought a all you can ride bracelet pass, which was perfect since my son wanted to go down the bouncy slide over and over again. Maybe 50-60 times he did. He enjoyed riding down the slide, and one time he even got 2 girls to hold his hand while sliding down, he is already being slick with the ladies at age 3. We had corn dogs and elephant ears, and the fair smells brought back memories. Maybe it was just we imagined things different because 10 years ago we were different people, barely out of high school when we moved away from this town, and now we have lived in different states, been to different places and could not wait to go to the fair we remembered. It's one of those lessons of not putting things on this high pedestal, because it might not be as high as you think it really is.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- LeBron James Buys South Beach Home -- NBA FanHouse
- First Full Thor Trailer
- Pirates Beware! Michael Jackson Game on DS
- Office Depot Promo Codes
- Jessica Lynch sets the record straight on her rescue – The Joy Behar Show - CNN.com
- Black Friday 2010
- Green Lantern Trailer
- For-Profit Colleges Facing Lawsuits
- Minecraft

0 comments:
Post a Comment