Thursday, May 7, 2009

So many wires it drives me crazy!!

Every time I travel down to Kentucky to visit with my wife's grandmother, someone down there always messes up her entertainment system, by unhooking a vcr/dvd player or something else in order to hook up their gaming system, and they never hook it back up correctly or don't hook it back up at all. Kids. So everytime I go down there I always have to fix it for her, not a problem, just you gotta figure out what cords go where. Sometimes they just yank the cords and end up tearing up the compression connectors. These are the connectors at the end of the wires, and sometimes they need replaced after carelessness of the children. I do most of my shopping online and looked up for a good supplier of these, and found Compressionconnector.com. They sell not only the F Connectors used for the cable running to the TV, but also RCS connectors and the tools to fix these cables. Obviously I could go to the store and buy these there, however, this would not be the quality I am looking for as they are probably made as cheaply and fast as possible, and I always prefer quality. The FS6U compression connector will fit any RG6 or RG6 quad shielded cable. RG6 is the type of coax cable used by commercial and homes for their satellites and cable modems. This site would be great for those who do this professionally, as the site is easy to navigate and has many different connectors that would be needed, and the prices are reasonable.

0 comments: