Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas: The Magic of Santa Clause

This weekend my wife and I took my son to see Santa Clause. Now my wife has been teaching him who Santa is, and what he does, and what he says(Ho Ho Ho). Our son now knows who he is, but I don't think he puts the presents that he gets at Christmas time with Santa yet, but the magic is still there. I remember waking up early in the mornings, scrambling to get my mother out of bed and my brother out of bed. Of course my brother, as he still is today, is a grump and a scrooge, and we had to fight to get him out of bed. I remember the mystery of what Santa Clause was, but I also remember it fading away as I got older and the knew the truth about it all. As I grew older and was out on my own, the magic was gone, and I could not seem to get it back, until our son was born. After he was born, I am getting excited to see his eyes and see the magic in them as I once had. We cannot fully get back to the magic of Santa Clause, but we can see it through children's eyes.

Photobucket

0 comments: