Monday, April 13, 2009

The Galaxy Awaits you!!

I am not one to play online games, usually because of the fees asscotiated with playing them. World of Warcraft, montly fee, Spore, monthly fee, ect. Some games I do Play online are a few on the Wii, like Mario Kart, but there is one game that has had me hooked for over 3 years now and is completly free.

Star wars has been a big part of my life, sort of. I have always enjoyed the movies, the trivia, the extended universe which includes comics and books. About 3 years ago I cam across this game when I was googling Star Wars Online Games, and have been hooked since. The game is constantly being updated, as it is not finished. Not Finished!!! Why would anyone want to play a game that is not finished? Because I enjoy the interaction of the game, and the features that are already in place. One thing that is not currently complete is its combat, there currently is no combat, though there are ways to die, from getting arrested and executed to flying your ship into a sun.

Another feature that I like that is different from other games, once your character dies, it is dead. You can no longer play that character, and all of its assets are gone for good(unless you buy them back). Now that does not mean you cannot keep playing the game, just you have to recreate as a new character, only you have to wait for 3 weeks before doing so. Why the wait? Simple. In this game, there is another feature that I like, you have a very low chance of becoming force sensitive. So the three week wait is so that people do not create, find out they are not force sensitive, get killed and recreate again.

This game is constantly being upgraded by a team of volunteers, that code the game. The game is completly browser based. Many of the images are created by the players of the game, and many of the features being implimented are suggestions from the players that play the game.

Overall this game is as interactive as you want it to be, and if you join, look my character up. Jyncs Tahogah.

Star Wars Combine

0 comments: