I was eating at the Chinese restaurant the other day, and they also sell different things, and I noticed a Buddha Statue. I decided to do a little research on Buddha, and found that there are different cultures that see Buddha differently. The little statues I seen were the Chinese laughing Buddha, very different from Buddha I was thinking of when I hear the word. The one I was thinking of was the Hindu version of Buddha, and read up on how he was considered an avatar of Vishnu, or the supreme God. I also found a few sites that sell statues and figurines similar to the Buddha Statue that I seen at the restaurant. I challenge all of you to go out and do some research on something that is unfamiliar to you, you might learn something like I did.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- LeBron James Buys South Beach Home -- NBA FanHouse
- First Full Thor Trailer
- Pirates Beware! Michael Jackson Game on DS
- Office Depot Promo Codes
- Jessica Lynch sets the record straight on her rescue – The Joy Behar Show - CNN.com
- Black Friday 2010
- Green Lantern Trailer
- For-Profit Colleges Facing Lawsuits
- Minecraft

0 comments:
Post a Comment