I am writing on this subject because I looked into both when I started to think about going back to school. I first looked into ITT Tech because of the commercials, and when I went there everything seem exactly like I wanted. They do not have any of the fluff classes that I did not want to take, like English and Math classes, it was mainly technical studies to get the degree.
Everything was sounding great and I was ready to attend, until we got to the price. Four hundred and fifty dollars per credit hour, and for a total of forty thousand dollars all together for a 2 year degree. WOW. I backed out as quickly as I started to do some research because that sounded like a lot of money, and they said their books was free, but I was wondering how much those books costs.
I did some research and found even the local state college was only like two twenty dollars per credit hour. I eventually looked at the community college, and it was only ninety five dollars per credit hour for a two year degree. Even after purchasing books, averaging at six hundred dollars per semester, I am still saving about thirty thousand dollars.
In the end, I am having to take those fluff classes like English and math, public speaking and economics, but I am getting a better education. I guess if you really do not want to take all those classes, then you have to pay to not have to take those classes.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
ITT Tech vs Community College
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- LeBron James Buys South Beach Home -- NBA FanHouse
- First Full Thor Trailer
- Pirates Beware! Michael Jackson Game on DS
- Office Depot Promo Codes
- Jessica Lynch sets the record straight on her rescue – The Joy Behar Show - CNN.com
- Black Friday 2010
- Green Lantern Trailer
- For-Profit Colleges Facing Lawsuits
- Minecraft

0 comments:
Post a Comment